Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ready or Not-Freeze Frame

What a day!  I was completely overwhelmed with the birthday wishes today!  While it does stink having to work on my birthday, I'm glad I get to spend it with friends and lovely people.  I got to start the day off with a run.  It's crazy but I'm starting to enjoy running.  I'm actually craving it.  It's 30mins completely to myself with my music and apps.  Knowing that I've accomplished 2 miles or so before I even start my "day" is such a motivator for me now. 
Unfortunately, the acts booked weren't my cup of tea though. 

The first act is straight out of Disney's 'Good luck Charlie' and 'Lemonade Mouth', Bridgit Mendler.  The typical pop, teeny bopper act that's really 20 something.  She was really cute but you could tell straight out of Hollywood.  I was truly ready to get these guys in and out of here.  The day ended up going well but normally with these acts they need a little extra TLC.  This was obviously one of the first (if not the first) show for her.  They had a rehearsal yesterday which was the first time the band and engineers worked together.  Lovely!  The show was half tracks which brings me back to the entertainment vs musical aspect.  The rolled in about as quickly as they rolled in.  I was laughing because one of the 'handlers' made the comment of "oh it's like watching your first born on their first day of school!"  Yes, must have been the first live show.  :/

They were whisked away and in came The J. Geils Band.  They were such a pleasure to work with.  You probably recognize "Freeze Frame"?  That's them!  Just a down home blues band.  This was their first show of their tour as well.  The tour manager was such a pleasure.  Everyone in the band was great but such potty mouths.  And if I'm saying that.... It was entertaining just listening to them.  I was however a little shocked when they said...oh yes, the show is about 2-2.5 hours.  Oh goodness gracious!  They weren't kidding.  They were rockin' for over two hours.  I'm pretty sure that's a record for Chevy Court!  But they also brought in the largest crowd yet for the Court this year, 18,000!  It's always a thrill to see the huge crowds start to build.  Clay had the UPROAR Tour across the way and unbelievably with Staind and Shinedown it was a calm crowd. 

I had a little hiccup to the day.  I received an email about 5PM saying that the act for 2:00PM was having complications and may not make the gig.  Of course that puts me into overdrive.  Trying to find a possible solution that can be in upstate NY in less than 24Hours.  Yeah right!  After a dozen phone calls and crossing my fingers that everything is ok, I got the call that they're making the trip.  They had to reschedule their flight for tomorrow morning and will literally hit the ground at the venue an 1.5hr before showtime.  So we'll all be on our game tomorrow and ready when they arrive.  Unfortunately, the 8:00PM band is coming in at 8AM so it'll be a short night on sleep. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment