Thursday, August 16, 2012

Big Time...something or another

Wow, it's Thursday...and I'm tired.  It finally hit me about 3PM today.  It might have been the fact that I stayed out til midnight having a few cocktails and then some amazing fresh, oven baked cookies or maybe it's because I was ran to death today.  Either way, you'd think I'd learn from my lesson.  Nah, I'm sitting here having a drink and probably will do the same thing.  :)

Last night was another day off, we'll call it that anyway.  I did make it out for a run and then sat on the couch for 6 hours working on the next fair.  Sending emails, making calls.  Finally stopped about 6:30P for dinner with the Dream Team again and then over to the fair.  We made our rounds on the free stages seeing Dia Frampton and then Hunter Hayes.  Once we made it to see Hunter the crowd was HUGE!  I would say about 7,000 and they were singing every word.  They were almost louder than he was.  I love seeing the crowds like that.  For those acts we really keep our eye on the acts and see who we think we'll be big by the time our booking comes around.  We've hit it right on the head the past two years (Band Perry last year). 







2nd Favorite vendor on the grounds!


So we're on to Thursday now.  I knew this day was going to be rough.  We had already been fighting with the band over equipment since last Tuesday.  My boss gave me a friendly reminder yesterday.."Sara, we're not in the music business, it's the entertainment business."  The fact that these bands need all this fancy equipment to make them sound like they need to and 'in order to do a show' infuriates me.  But then again I like music not tv stars that want to sing.  Anyway, this happens to be a fly date for Big Time Rush.  You may know them from Nickelodeon if you have small kids, nieces, nephews whatever, otherwise you've probably never heard of them.  Good reason for that.  With fly dates come additional needs which just runs me all over the place.  These are the days I earn the big bucks (haha).  They do a 200 person meet and greet EVERYDAY!  But they make about $150 a pop for each one...you do that math. 
They did this meet and greet, after spending an hour checking everyone in, in less than 45mins.  CRAZY!  Everyone on this tour was extremely nice.  The boys of the band were very nice and normal "kids".  I believe the group made at least four visits out to the fair for fair food.  They'll have a nice flight tomorrow. =)   We ended up starting the show at 7PM to encourage ticket buyers to be able to bring their kids.  The band only has 60mins worth of material..can stretch it to 70 if they talk in between and wallah, all this hard working, bickering back and forth for a 70min show. 

However, they were wrapped up and off the grounds by 8:45P.  That will be why this is being posted two hours earlier than usual and is shorter...because I'm now going to have an adult beverage (or two..) and get yet another Cajun chicken on a stick. 

Looking forward to a rowdy good time tomorrow with Hank Jr. and George Thorogood.  


No comments:

Post a Comment