Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brokenhearted-Everybody Talks

Today was the opening of the GREAT New York State Fair!  I haven't blogged the past three days because I haven't been working...kidding!  Monday I wrapped up at Iowa, cleaned my office and caught up on some work for NY.  Had a wonderful dinner with the production crew that evening and got some sleep.  I set out for NY on a 6:30a flight and was at the fairgrounds by noon on Tuesday.  Spent the rest of the day doing paperwork and getting everyone straight here.   Had a great night out on the town with friends and then spent Wed at the fair.  I love seeing everyone again and catching up! 

We hit the ground running today.  The band wasn't due in until about 10A so I took advantage of being able to come in early and knock out some paperwork.  Now I'm a couple of days ahead so I can fall behind later in the week. :)  This stage is crazy.  On weekdays we have a local tv show that is aired live from the stage in the morning.  Then we load in one band for a 2PM show, load them out and then load in another band for an 8PM show.  Perfect days are when they don't overlap and I only have one band at a time on the premises.  Today they both showed up about the same time.  Very tight quarters with two bands and a tv show running around.  YIPEE  Fortunately, these bands are great and we didn't have any problems.  We were solving problems all day being the first day, which is expected. 

The 2:00PM show featured Karmin which is was really excited to see.  I didn't get to sit down and watch much of the show but what I heard was good.  What was even better was getting to listen to the lead female singer warming up in the dressing room.  You know it's no frills, no pro-tools, nothing to make them sound better when they're not on stage and she was rockin' it.  The show was very high energy with a pop-rap feel.  The smaller crowd that was here loved them.  I'm looking forward to working with them again in Lubbock. 
Ted and Amy- our rockstar emcees
KARMIN

 
 

Once the 2:00PM show wrapped up they were loaded out, taken to the airport and the 8:00PM show fully moved in.  Their gear was loaded in and set and the band members started floating around backstage.  It's always fun when you realize you've been hanging around/talking to the lead singer or band member all day only when you look at the stage during the show.  Neon Trees were such a pleasure to work with.  They were pleasant and thankful with what they were provided.  The show was really good.  They had a lot of ground lighting that made for a good light show.  Now that Chevy Court has gotten bigger there is now 4 LED screens around the court that air the show.  It works really well for when we have huge crowds so everyone can see.   The crowd was as big as I suspected it to be.  The band has two huge hits out and I guess I expected it to be a bit larger.  They had about 6,000 with the typical screaming tweens in the crowd.  Now they've been hanging out in the dressing rooms listening to music instead of showering and getting back on their bus like they're supposed to.  :)  I can see these guys really taking off and hope to work with them again in the future.

Neon Trees



No comments:

Post a Comment