Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mrs. Jackson...if you're nasty

Okay...so this is a couple days late...maybe even a few more than that. =)  I decided to take the night after the last show to hang out with my Iowa family and then got caught up in the clean up and travel activities the following days.  I'm now in NY but I'll write more about that in the next edition. 

We wrapped up the Iowa State Fair with one heck of a show (or lack of I guess).  Janet Jackson....I was really looking forward to this one.  I even made the choice to skip "Here Come the Mummies" because I knew I'd be able to see them before I could Janet again.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to see one second of either show.  The day tended to be a little on the needy side.  However, everyone was extremely nice.  We were all exhausted (I definitely could have used another nap (:  ) but it turned out to be a smooth day.  We had a few hiccups throughout the show but they were easily solved.  Video didn't have the proper hookup to use the side screens that were the only way 5,000 of the patrons could see the show.  Plus, the sound was awful.  When I had a split second to step out front to watch the show I had to deal with the video issue and then settlement.  Fun!  All in all we had 7,000+ folks that were having a ball!

Now here's the best part of the night**two years ago Ava and I ended up doing a mashed potato attack on Brett and Kurt--the maintenance guys backstage.  Last year we never got around to it but it was definitely due this year.  We saved a full gallon bag of mashed potatoes from the first day's leftovers. =)  The last night I found them with my name on them sitting on my desk.  When the guys were in the bunker we plopped several handfuls on each seat of their gator.  It was sitting in the dark so the thought was that they wouldn't see it before sitting down.  Hehe...I then coated the steering wheel with them as well..just for added measure.  It took about a half hour for them to find it and honestly I had already forgotten.  While I didn't know they had found it, I was getting some funny looks from that way.  After talking with Ava I knew that they had found the seats full but hadn't noticed the steering wheel until the gripped it. LOL  Anyway, so that's over and I'm back in my office sitting at my computer.  I notice that my seat was wet!!  I stand up and feel underneath my jacket (that was lying in the chair) and lo and behold there's the mashed potatoes!  They had smushed into the fabric of the seat and my jacket.  I even washed the jacket and it smells like fabric softener and potatoes.  HAHA  You can't imagine the profanity and screaming that came out of my office.  So they finally after three years, got me back. 

After a slow day on Monday of packing things up, saying my goodbyes and a fabulous dinner with the audio folks Iowa was officially over.  I always miss this one the most but look forward to the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment