Friday, August 12, 2011

Crazy Town--

I titled tonight's blog "Crazy Town" for three reasons.  1) Because Jason Aldean is on stage singing it right now and I can hear it clear as a bell from my office.  2) The Iowa State Fair was CRAZY today.  Jammed packed with country music lovin' cowboys and Sarah Palin lovin' (or hatin') people.  Or was it because of the gorgeous weather? 3) Getting ready for tomorrow's show has been a feat.  Most of my day was spent trying to track down the details for TOMORROWS show.  The act who shall remain nameless...until tomorrow at least was driving me bonkers with their lack of communication.  Once we get through the day we will be on the downhill slide from there. 

Today was a great day.  I hadn't had the opportunity to work with Jason Aldean's crew but they were definitely organized, friendly and just made the day great for everyone.  We had the horseys on the track again but as soon as they were finished the stage was moved work continued.  Jason had two great support acts, Chris Young and Thompson Square.  Both were equally pleasant to work with.  No I didn't really meet any of them. I saw them while they were going in and out of their meet and greet and to and from the stage.  I thought that Aldean would be a big feller...nope..average size and kinda little.  But still a cutie patootie.  And what a show.  We had a sold out show over a month ago.  With selling 825 standing room only seats today alone we topped out at 11,412!  HUGE!!!  I'm typing this a little early so I can hopefully get some sleep tonight...and run out to watch a bit of the show.  Here's some photos of the day...can't wait to hear this crowd for the fireworks.  I'm sure they'll top last night. 

By the way...the video crew tonight was amazing!!  Must have been professionals ;)
"My Kinda Party" front and center on Grand Ave


First case rolls off the truck

 
Stage in unload/load position



11,412 during intermission waiting for Jason

1 comment:

  1. Good to see we finally had amazing, and professional, video tonight!

    Except, of course, when those amazing professionals faded to black for half a song and over 5,000 people in the Grandstand had nothing to look at from the stage.

    Just my observation.

    ReplyDelete