Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moves Like Jagger

Dang I'm tired...=)  Today was a crazy, busy but really good day with Maroon 5 and Train.  Usually when I arrive at the grandstand people are just starting to trickle off their buses.  Boy, not today.  As soon as I stepped out of the van they started coming at me.  From setting the dressing rooms, to taking the entire hallway of the bunker and making it look like a garage sale for production.  And then they were moved in.  With a road crew of 100 the tour can take up quite the space. 

I really can't even tell you how I spent my day because it was a complete blur.  I didn't have anyone yelling at me so that means it was a good day.  The fun stuff didn't really start happening until just prior to meet and greet time.  The "famous" folks started appearing.  It was kind of like where's Waldo...everyone would say they had seen Adam..I was never in the right place at the right time. =)  The "seriously are you kidding" event of the day was when the production assistants told me that Maroon 5's dressing room trailer was not getting air and they thought they had thrown a breaker.  With all the crap they had plugged in I can see why.  The electricians check it out and turns out they had taped the ducts shut in one room so they could have a yoga room.  In turn overloading and shutting the air conditioner off.  Some of these are real geniuses I tell you.  Then they complained for two hours about it not cooling off.  After yet another inspection turns out the thing was had freezed up.  Guess they got their yoga room. 
Finally during the meet and greet I saw Adam and he is even better looking than he appears on tv.  I know everyone was wanting to know that.  Hehe  We got through our probably largest meet and greet ever with two going at the same time and over 100 people.  Security handled it with ease!  I was ready to get this show on the road.  We knew we were looking at a four hour show ending at midnight.  The opener PJ Morton (he replaced Gavin DeGraw, who was injured in a fight last week) did a great job.  The crowd really enjoyed him.  Next up Maroon 5 took the stage in their all white matching ensemble.  And then came the 2nd most bizarre request I've ever had.  The production assistant asked for three buckets full of lukewarm water....I wasn't sure I should ask why.  Thankfully she elaborated quickly.  She informed me that Adam wanted to take a "ghetto bath" immediately after coming off stage.  He must not believe in indoor plumbing?  While I thought we would at least get to watch the activity they ended up taking him between the dressing rooms and doused him with water.  Reports were that he had striped off the stage clothes...again wrong place, wrong time.  Wonder what other crazy things the assistants have to do??  I was highly disappointed that I didn't get to see one bit of their show.  I could hear it and enjoyed singing along to many, many hits.  Hopefully when we have them in NY I can pop over to the grandstand. 

Courtesy of the video guru
Train took the stage next and they put on a great show!  I sat in monitor world for most of it (except for the few calls of...we need you backstage...I need this.. I was just trying to watch the show!!!).  Pat did way too many clothes changes but all in all it was good.  He even setup a proposal during Marry Me..aww very original.  Thank goodness she said yes.  When talking with the tour manager afterwards he explained his concern that one day they won't say yes.  They know it's coming and that guy is going to be embarrassed as hell in front of 10,000 people.  You know I didn't even mention how cute Pat is...well probably because he's not so much.
Now the show is done, gear is being loaded up and we're waiting for the 15billion people that need to take showers.  I'm definitely looking forward to a nice, easy day tomorrow with a late load in, easy crew and good show with Reba. 

A short note on the house front...I had picked out some carpet before I left town.  I had Lowe's and a local company both come out and message.  Thanks to my realtor they were able to do that Tuesday.  Then thanks to my great friend, Erin she went and picked up the carpet sample from Lowe's and took it to the local company.  Turns out they are going to beat the price by like $1500!  He has selected the carpet he think is the most comparable and has shipped three samples to me.  So tomorrow I'll be picking out carpet for my house that's 600miles away.  My boss says I'm spoiled...I think I'm just lucky.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment