Friday, August 8, 2014

Newsboys/Matthew West

I was debating on whether to start the blog up for this year.  But after several people asking about it I figured, what the heck.  Even if one of you actually reads it and enjoys it, it's worth it.

Tuesday I had an easy peasy trip from Louisville (where I had been parked for several months working on contracts, advancing, booking 2015 :)) to Des Moines to begin the Mud and Dust Tour 7.0.  Yes, this is my seventh summer of being on the road and doing what I love.  It's amazing that it's been so long.  I think of all the great people I've met, fantastic concerts I've seen (and wish I'd seen) and all in all finding my love for the business and my career.  It has certainly been a fun journey thus far.

Today, Day 1 of the Iowa State Fair we started with rain.  It actually rained about 1.5" last night.  Which meant the track that the buses have to cross was a sloppy, sticky, grease pit mess.  Needless to say the support acts bus didn't even attempt it.  I don't blame him because I would've hated to tell that driver how difficult it is getting the mud off your shoes, let alone a tour bus.  It continued to rain, mist, sprinkle the entire day.  In true Des Moines fashion about 5PM the sun was peaking through and we were on the dry side.  With a couple of sprinkles during the show, including a panic of having to cover the front of house area as to not get the boards wet, we made it through unscathed.

I can't tell you all how blessed I am to work with the great team here at this fair.  I don't have to worry about something happening.  Half the time before I think of it they've already handled it.  For being the first day you would have thought we'd be half way through with as well as everything was "together".

Now on to the good stuff.  Matthew West, download it, listen to it, feel it.  This guy is the real deal.  Two #1 hits and holding the record for holding the #1 spot right now for 17 weeks.  He is an absolute sweetheart.  He even did a separate meet and greet for some folks that are going through a teen outreach program.  I had the opportunity to talk with his Dad a while and they are obviously just the nicest family.



Newsboys are so cool.  Just such people person and you can tell they just want to be up their sharing their story through music.  They actually have a rotating drum riser.  Like I'm not kidding the drummer is lifting, tilted sideways and then rotated.  I have waited probably 5 years to see this because every show I've done with them has been a fly date and they haven't had their gear.  I was ecstatic when I found out they would have it here (there truck originally wasn't going to make the trip).  So guess where I was when it happened....
IN THE BATHROOM.  Couldn't believe it!  Guess I'll have to catch their show at the Kentucky State Fair.

On another note I walked 13,546 steps today.  yippee!  Guess it helped with the Deep Fried Milky Way...oh yes, I did and it was AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment