Saturday, August 16, 2014

Chevelle/Halestorm/Saville Row

Easy, easy day today.  I only wish it would have started later.  My phone started ringing at 5:30AM with folks rolling in.  I was on site at 7:30AM and didn't stop.  I hit a wall about 10AM but it turned out to be a busy and good day.  We had rain from the minute of arrival.  It was mainly a drizzle most of the rain with a few minutes of harder rain.  Fortunately, there were no storms, heavy winds and such.  But I did go buy a new pair of cute rain shoes at the fair, just in case. =)

I knew today would be a fairly easy day.  Neither band had an elaborate setup.  We didn't have to rig any tour lighting.  Both acts were amazing to work with!  We had an opening band that wasn't here most of the day and were easy to point in the right direction so they didn't take much babysitting.  The tour managers for both acts were super great to work with.  We knew this was going to be more of a harder rock show than the rest of our lineup.  In turn the crowd would be a little harder as well.  That proved to be true.  The beer was flowing and so were the fists.  That's all expected I suppose.

I spent the majority of the Halestorm show watching from the front of house platform.  They are a freaking amazing band.  If you haven't heard them you need to.  Their live show is even better.  They have a female front woman that has super pipes.  Her brother is the drummer and he kicks butt just as much.  I had several people come up and say it's the best band we've had all week.  I worked with them in 2011 at the South Plains Fair and that's when I became a fan.  They have only gotten bigger and better since then.  This is a band that will be big time soon.  Lzzy, the lead singer has even broken into the country scene performing with Eric Church and others and even touring with him this summer.  I can't WAIT to see where they go.






Chevelle is not necessarily my cup of tea, I just don't like hard rock music, but the crowd loved them.  They had a huge light show that was definitely different but brings the 'rock' feel.  I felt like I was watching the lights not the 'show'.  I couldn't really take pictures because of that either.  One of the best parts was standing backstage and watching everyone's reactions when the fireworks went off.  Some were caught off guard but they loved it.

Only two more days left and we're hoping to get lucky with the weather again.


No comments:

Post a Comment