Sunday, August 10, 2014

Goo Goo Dolls/Daughtry/Plain White T's

Whew, I'm not used to these long days yet after being in the office for a bit.  I should know better than to stay up until 2AM the night before a big show but too much fun is to be had.  Some may remember our escapades with golf carts over the past couple of years.  We didn't take any time to start.  We took it the first night of the fair to hide it and the driver (whom shall remain nameless to protect his identity) drove it into the muddy track and got it stuck.  As I was going to rescue him, I got stuck.  They had to pull it out with a tractor the next morning.  So last night we had planned to plant smoke bombs under his semi as he was hooking the cab up to move it.  Unfortunately, the bombs were duds.  We waited an hour and half to do that and it failed.  But alas, we couldn't leave without something happening.  So we propped his cart on a small piece of wood.  The perfect size that when the gas was pressed, the wheels just spun.  It took him two hard presses on the gas to realize something was wrong.  After several looks, he found the wood and just laughed.  We hadn't stuck around for that but got to see the video aftermath.  We have now coined ourselves as the 'midnight bandits'.  We even left a sign behind last night to 'mark' the cart.  We'll see if I can actually stay up tonight to do anything.  

This morning I woke straight up at 6:30A before my alarm and realized I had missed three calls from the Daughtry truck driver.  Thankfully, he was just letting me know he was arriving and asking for security to meet him (per my instructions anyway, just wish it was at 5:00AM).  I had the phone on vibrate.  I guess I'll need to be double checking that from now on.  

I made it to the grounds by 7:45A since the tour was supposed to arrive between 8:00AM and 9:00AM.  The majority of them didn't arrive until almost 10AM.  I was already ready for a nap by then.  We had three different bands, which means three different production managers, three different tour managers, a couple of assistants and even a chef.  Try keeping all of those names and faces and duties straight.  Fortunately, it only took me a half hour to figure it out.  I feel like I have not stopped moving since 7:00AM.  They had 6 runners running all the time, laundry, grocery, pharmacy, shoe store, Walmart, liquor store (I think 3 different times) and so much other.  

When it came to be show time, in a normal situation with three bands, I was being pulled in two different directions.  Goo Goo Dolls meet and greet needed to happen but then Daughtry had an issue with a fan that I needed to assist with relocating.  I ran up and back from the grandstand at least 3 times in a 30min period.  We had a really good crowd.  The biggest one so far this year and they loved the show.  I recognized more of Daughtry's songs than Goo Goo Dolls.  
Plain White T's

Think we could add something else to the stage? #stagetoosmall

Goo Goo Dolls

Goo Goo Dolls

Looking forward to a SUPER easy day tomorrow.  We don't start until 3:30PM and I have have to wrangle three ducks....three stars of Duck Dynasty that is.  

Steps today were: 15,096!
Makeshift drying rack (aka frames for sponsor banners for races)

Guest star lighting director- they saw them at the carnival and just had to have

No comments:

Post a Comment