Friday, August 15, 2014

Jake Owen-Eli Young Band-The Cadillac Three

Well I can tell we're nearing the end because I'm exhausted and completely over everything.  Although, today was a really great day for the most part.  I knew most of who I would be working with and really enjoy working with both Jake Owen and Eli Young Band.

It completely made my morning when Mike Ely, one of the lead singers of EYB came in for breakfast and came over to say hi with a big hug.  I've done several shows with them and our company has done a ton them.  All of the guys are just great!

The day was really almost completely seamless from my prospective.  The stage was a little hectic because the setup was huge.  They had what pretty much looked like a beach setup; tiki bars, a dock, etc.  They were ready for a beach party and that's the party the crowd got.  I had to deal with some issues; pissed off reporter, broken keyboard, settlement, security issues, etc. so about all I caught of the entire show was about 10mins of EYB.  It wouldn't have mattered anyway because they had so many guests on the front of house platform I would even be able to watch anyway.  Now there is a massive probably 50 person party going on in the bus compound, lights, music, fun and they aren't leaving until 2AM.  So I'm a little crabby. :)


Jake Owen and members of Cadillac Three and Eli Young Band at the end of the show
But in funnier news.  The midnight bandits struck Tuesday night.  See the evidence below.  We were even featured on the local CW morning news.  They talked about what happened and what it was and that they know that the people that put on the fair need to have fun too.  'Kudos to the Midnight Bandits' the anchor said.  Funniest thing I've seen or done in a long time.  This one certainly took some extra help but this one goes down in the books!





No comments:

Post a Comment