Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lady Antebellum-Billy Currington-Kelsey K

Ugh, what a day!  I was really looking forward to this day because I LOVE Lady Antebellum.  But it also meant we had the demolition derby on the same day.  Sad face.  It rained last night so the track was a muddy mess.  There was literally mud everywhere.  Trampled through the bathrooms, through catering, dressing rooms you name it.  Plus all of the rednecks were weaving between the buses, dressing room areas, and all over the place.  To the point that Hillary jumped off her bus and freaked out because there were so many people around.  They were taking pictures and tweeting all morning that they were so close to Lady A's buses.  Either way 3:00PM rolled around and we were able to shoo them out and move the stage.  Our world became sane again....well as sane as it can be.

Because of the mud and having to run back and forth it made the day pass by quickly.  We had a few minor fires to put out and again resulted in me needing to be in three places at once.  Getting the opening act, the talented Miss Kelsey K on stage to start the show and coordinating the meet and greet for Lady A.  Then the inevitable happened.  I dropped my phone in water...in the toilet to be exact.  I've always been afraid that I'd drop a radio in because they sit on the back of my waistband.  Nope, my phone was in my mophie charger and slipped right out and plink.  Instantly dried it off but we didn't have any water.  So it's been sitting in some drying agent, the kind that's used to clean up puke on a school bus. ;)  I've bought a tracfone that I've spent an hour trying to set up to no avail.  I just need a phone to get me through tomorrow!  I can travel without a phone and get home and to the At&t store on Monday.  EERRGGG!

Anyway, on to what you really want to know.  Yes, Billy Currington kicks butt and Lady A is all that.  I didn't get to watch Billy's show from the front but it sounded great from the back.  Kelsey did an amazing job warming up the 10,000+ crowd and then Billy comes walking out, barefoot and on to the stage.  He even walked through mud and gravel which was kind of weird if you ask me.  I have always been a huge fan of Lady A.  I worked with them when they first started touring at the South Florida Fair.  They weren't anywhere near where they are now but they continue to put on an amazing show.  Everyone in their camp is sooo nice and worked well together.  As our production guy put it, everyone played nice in the sandbox today.  They had this gorgeous HD video screen on the stage that showed IMAG and some of the music videos.  I was able to watch about 20mins of their show because have to go back and cue the fireworks.  Which entailed running through the mud back to the fireworks guys to tell them they were finishing early....because of course...I couldn't text them as usual.  ERRG. ;)

All in all, even with the frustrations of the Demo Derby and the phone it was a really great day.  I can't wait to see what Lady A will be like the next time I work with them!

**And yes, I don't have any pictures because....of the toilet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment