Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Florida Georgia Line-Colt Ford

What a freakin' kick butt day!  Huge show with some amazing people so I knew I was in for a great day.  We had already sold the majority of the reserved seats and the fair was planning to open standing room only seats today.  We ended up selling over 600 on top of the 10,000+ seats that had already sold.  Imagine the energy from 11,000+ people!  The day was super easy.  I had worked with these guys last year at the New York State Fair so it's like friends coming back.  I worked with Colt and crew at the Strawberry Festival in March.  I even had a few minutes to hike across the fairgrounds to see my friend Leroy and Gladys Van Dyke and the Country Gold Tour.   Actually Billy Dean was performing with them and has come over to our compound to hang out with the FGL boys tonight.  It's hilarious to see the "new" guys freak out about one of the legends wanting to hang out with them.

One of my favorite parts of this job is having a sold out show and the people flooding in, hearing the roar of the crowd but to top it off is having an incredible show.  Tonight was that perfect combination.  I could have sat and watched the entire show, singing and dancing if I had the opportunity.  I did take advantage of it for a few minutes at least.  Fortunately I was able to get some great pictures.  The guys, while some don't think they're country...it's because they're not.  They're 'new' country.  That's how it is.  A bit of pop, a little of country and a whole lot of rock.  I cannot wait to see them reach the top and hope they stay there for a long time...and that I get to work with them again. :)
Colt Ford getting the crowd warmed up






The fair manager, Gary Slater even enjoyed a few minutes
Grandstand lit up

No comments:

Post a Comment