Saturday, September 1, 2012

Take Me Home Tonight-Bad Girlfriend

On a non work note- I didn't eat anything hardly all day; a granola bar, a couple of carrots and a couple peppermint patties all so I could eat Tully's chicken strips and fries for dinner.  While it tasted delicious I have a feeling my tummy isn't going to agree with me.  So that's it, back to my chinese and sushi for the rest of the fair. 

I ended up going out and being a tourist at the fair today.  I saw everything I wanted to see (shopping and lottery) in an hour.  We did find some exciting things along the way. 
I don't know what's funnier- the number or that they actually do this!  Proves that we're NOT in NYC.
You never know what you'll find lurking around the fair

We actually had a morning with no church, no tv but they added a local group as an opener for the 2:00PM show so we still ended up with an early load in.  Eddie Money is always easy to work with.  He may not sound like he did back in the 80s but he can still entertain.  They are always easy to work with.  It was an absolute gorgeous day but hot if you were sitting in the sun.  The first four rows of bleachers filled up around noon with not people for Eddie at 2PM but for the 8PM show.  Crazies!  They got a great show and Eddie even went out and signed at the merch tent for over an hour.  That's how you sell merch people. 
Eddie Money
Didn't take long and Theory of a Deadman was set and ready to rock.  We didn't realize it but the lead singer was hanging around back stage all day.  Could have fooled me.  They're all from Canada but you could barely tell the accent, especially once they were on stage.  He is amazingly good looking though, on stage and up close. :)  Their crowd was just huge.  2.5 hours before the show there was already 3,000 people here.  It didn't take long for the crowd to take over the entire court.  Peering from the trooper tower we estimated 17,750.  LOL  No, we didn't count each individual person.  With this being a hard rock group we knew there were going to be a few issues with the crowd.  As I take the emcees up to the stage to have them introduce the band I see one of the avid fans in the third row holding a fancy homemade sign.  Actually it was a piece of posterboard with "Will F*#( for beer" in black sharpie.  I did censor this.  I come inside and one of our cop friends was hanging out.  I mentioned it to him and say, "I'm just trying to decide if I want someone to take that away from the guy."  He volunteers and makes his way outside.  He comes back with it in 10 different pieces which he had ripped up in front him.  While I considered I might have been a little conservative the last thing I needed was to have the camera actually catch it and it end up on the jumbotron!  Best part of probably the entire run...they came off the stage to the Golden Girls theme song!!  BEST THING EVER! 
Part of the crowd for Theory of a Deadman

We're finishing on a strong note with the next two night shows being big crowd pleasers as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment