Friday, August 23, 2013

Jana Kramer-George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

OOOH, this was a hard day to wake up to.  It took me a few minutes to drag myself out of bed.  It turned out to be a really great day.  I got a lot of work done and caught up on some "non-fair" projects.  Today we had Jana Kramer and George Clinton w/ Parliament Funkadelic.  Just from the advances I knew it was going to be easy.

Jana is an up and coming country artist.  She's had a couple of chart hit singles.  Her team was a breeze to work with.  They got here early in the morning, slept on the bus in the driveway and didn't roll out until it was just time to load in.  Then they stuck around until later in the day once we were working on the 8PM show and I didn't even realize they were here.  They did have a small crowd but they enjoyed the show.  It was another beautiful day for an outdoor concert.

I ended up walking around the fair a little while because we had to make a site visit to plan for a large meet and greet with Austin Mahone.  He's the next Justin Beiber or so they say.  He has a large party during his sound checks but we don't have a sound check.  So we've had to find an area and do a separate setup for this party.

We started the afternoon getting George Clinton and P Funk loaded in.  It was an easy setup but with a lot of gear.  They were easy to work with, so polite and funny.  They run around like chickens but get the party going.  They ended doing a two hour show of funk.  Amazing.  George is 72years old and can still go 2hrs.  I even had a party in my room.  Our stage manager hung a huge tv on the wall in my office.  I get the feed that they show on the jumbotron screen and part of the audio.  So we can sit in my office and watch the show.  Several of the guys ended up chilling in front of the tv.  The crowd, and the staff, really seemed to enjoy it!

The fair even had several of the "Housewives" on the 3rd stage at the fair.  They were great to keep up with.  I had to schedule transportation for them today with our runners.  After the runners had waited to pick them up to bring them to the fair for 25mins they finally went in to find them.  Finding them in the bar they had to inform them that they were running late.  Sure enough traffic was ridiculous but they still made it 15mins before their show time.  Oh the fun of the biz!

No comments:

Post a Comment