Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Quiet Riot and the inside view of my office


Today was a really good day.  We actually had some down time that seriously threw me off my game.  The band, Quiet Riot was fantastic to work with.  The band disbanded several years ago when their lead singer died.  The only somewhat "original" member put it back together in a few years ago and they've been going strong ever since.  It's definitely a LOUD show but several recognizable songs.  For me to enjoy a heavy metal rock show means something.  If it hadn't have been so loud I would have watched the entire show.

These guys were extremely low maintenance and yes are still rocking the long, 80's hair.  Accompanied by an amazing light show they rocked the house.  The fans that were here really enjoyed it.  There's one young kid I know is going to be hurting tomorrow with all the head banging he was doing.  The people that weren't here really missed out.
Quiet Riot!

Some of you may wonder, what does Sara work in while she's on the road?  Ok, I'm sure it's probably never came to mind.  However, I thought I'd give you the behind the scenes of my office at the South Plains Fair.  The venue we work in should be a historic building by now.  Elvis and Buddy Holly performed here!  There are two dressing rooms in the building but no other additional offices in the backstage area.  So they cleverly put a outdoor shed in the parking lot about 125' from the building.  I've got RVs on either side that some of the folks that do the grounds shows (including the person that oversees that, aka Junior Fair Manager, Sparky) stay in.  The shed is equipped with lights, air/heat, freezer (for ice for the bands and to store the awesome homemade ice cream our runner, Jan brings), fridge (for my cokes and adult beverages for after show) and as always becomes the location to stash EVERYTHING.  The back table looks like a SAMs club threw up on it my "desk" looks like it's in complete disarray with candy, etc thrown all over it.  Now it's check in/out central for all of the employees that we have working during the shows.  So their time clock is in here too.  Every year I pick all the necessary items that we can use from year to year and stash it in the little storage/attic area of the shed and pull it all down the next year.

Here are a few photos to give you idea of what production central looks like in Lubbock.

Sparky caught me working by computer/iPhone/candlelight when it got dark while I was working
Couch :)  (backseat of the van)

Cute little porch that we can drink wine on

Desk/storage including Sparky's mountain bike.  The grill was used today so it's not in here right now.

Last night Sparky hosted a production meeting/potluck after everyone's shows.  Ricco was intrigued with the golf cart key.  Good thing I was watching the pedals!

No comments:

Post a Comment